Savor the Sweetness of Mouth-Watering Chocolate Desserts!
Yummilicious chocolate desserts recipes are always a go-to dish for chocolate lovers. Chocolate possesses numerous health benefits hence should no longer be deemed as a guilty pleasure. Additionally, substituting regular chocolate with dark chocolate is extremely beneficial to consume regularly. Below listed are some lesser-known health benefits of consuming chocolate in homemade chocolate thanksgiving desserts:
1. Improves your mental performance
Studies have reported that individuals who ate chocolate at least once a week performed better on cognitive tasks than those who ate chocolate less frequently. But you must watch out for the quantity though as it may unknowingly cause high levels of cholesterol.
2. Protect and nourishes skin
The antioxidants found in cocoa offer protection against UV damage and other skin related issues.
3. Boosts your mood
The various amino acids contained in chocolate helps to cure depression and improves your mood in general. Chocolate contains ‘phenylethylamine’ which is a love chemical known to spike the hormones associated with pleasure.
4. Improves vision
Chocolates possess the ability to improve vision and it stimulates the flow of blood in the whole body. Flavanols present in chocolate lowers bad cholesterol as well as blood pressure hence protecting the blood vessels of your eyes.
5. Prevents memory loss
Experiments have proven that dairy-based drinks mixed with cocoa flavanols are known to improve memory loss and dementia. It promotes memory and learning by keeping the blood flowing in specific areas of the brain.
6. Help with weight loss
If you are facing a hard time cutting off sweets from your diet, here is some good news. Consuming a little dark chocolate lowers the desire to eat something sweet, salty, or fatty. Substitute your consumption of milk chocolate with dark chocolate is known to aid the weight loss process and do not consist of high levels of cholesterol.
Here is the recipe to prepare mouth-watering chocolate cake at home:
- All-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 3/4 cup
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda: 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Espresso powder: 1 teaspoon
- Milk or coconut milk: 1 cup
- Vegetable oil: 1/2 cup
- Large eggs: 2
- Vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
- Boiling water: 1 cup
- Chocolate buttercream frosting
- Take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- Whisk thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together properly.
- Now add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix together until well combined.
- add boiling water to the mixture until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take two 9-inch cake pans and lightly spray them with butter and flour them.
- Spread the cake batter evenly on the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes.
- Test the cake by inserting a toothpick and it must come out clean.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan on a wide plate and frost the cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Enjoy the treat!!
Try the innovative cream cheese dessert recipes to be served to your family and guests on special occasions.